How to Recycle Computers Without Going through Too Much Hassle
Electronic devices such as computers have varied life spans. At the end of their life span, they must be dispose. However, disposal is not that easy. Unlike other products that can simply be put into the trash bin, computers require a different method. To help in lessening electronic wastes in your locality and in the world, it is best that you find the best way to recycle your computer.
Ways on Recycling Your Computer
First, you need to know some facts about e-waste:
- Computer equipment contain toxic substances that are hazardous when mixed with other types of waste.
- Improper computer and electronic waste disposal leads the increase of hazardous chemical pollutants in the environment.
- Your personal computer is composed of the following materials:
- Ferrous Metal
- Non-ferrous Metal
- Electronic Boards
- One computer can have as much as 2 kilograms of lead.
Choices in Computer Recycling
- You can find a person or institution where you can donate your old computer. Prior to the donation, make sure that you have deleted all you files and sensitive data on the computer. You can never know if a single seemingly unimportant data in your old computer can lead to identity theft.
- Send your computer to the manufacturer since they have legal disposal services in compliance with environmental policies.
- Find a reliable electronic recycling company in your area. Make sure that they are operating under legal procedures. Otherwise, your effort in proper electronic disposal will be put to waste. This is your option if your device is not suitable for donation anymore.