Boils are unsightly, ugly things. Nobody wants them but they’re so persistent—and pesky too. They appear on just about anywhere—on breasts, scalp, buttocks, and worse, much worse, is when they manifest their presence in the underarms or groin. Talk about being an unwanted visitor.
Man, as innovative as he is, began raiding his shelves and gardens to find home remedy for boils. Listed below, in no particular order, are some common things which most people don’t know could treat them.
- Eucalyptus oil—3 drops of this mixed into a paste with 25 grams of powdered elm should be applied to the boil directly.
- Garlic—making a paste of garlic or applying a heated garlic clove over the affected area is also effective.
- Bread—bread soaked in warm water or milk works well by placing the bread on the boil twice a day.
- Parsley—boiled parsley leaves wrapped in cloth applied directly to the boil
- Bacon—bacon rolled in salt, then wrapped in two cloths should do the trick. Just place it on the boil.
- Egg white—boiled egg white applied directly on the boil
- Onion—it has antiseptic and antimicrobial functions
- Milk—a cup of milk, 3 teaspoons of salt, and flour ( thickening agent ) combined together, is an effective cure
The persistence of a boil is no more if you raid your kitchen shelves long enough to find a cure. Search deep in your refrigerator and you’ll find your answer right then and there. Throw them out though after use.